help > How to correlate functional connectivity to behavioural measure?
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Nov 2, 2023  08:11 PM | Removed Removed
How to correlate functional connectivity to behavioural measure?

Hello,

I'm looking to explore a network comprising 34 regions of interest. My aim is to integrate participants' functional connectivity matrices and correlate them with a visual perception behavioral measure obtained during resting state. I want to see the differences in functional connectivity and if they are associated with performance on visual perception scores.

So far, I've organized my design matrix folder, node labels folder, and COG document, all in text format. Additionally, I have my matrices neatly arranged in a document within the same directory. With a total of 14 patients and 14 controls.

Given that the scores are in standard format for behavioural measure, I understand that a t-test is the appropriate statistical test. I'm considering a threshold of 3.1. I plan to input all relevant folders under the 'data' section, and set permutations at 5,000 with a significance level of 0.05. I've opted for the D-NBS, directly integrated with MATLAB.

However, I'm a bit uncertain about how to incorporate my behavioral measures into the analysis. I couldn't find explicit instructions in the NBS manual. Could someone kindly direct me to resources or provide guidance on where and how to input the behavioral data? Should I first run the network statistic and then include the behavioral measures? I noticed there's a section in the manual covering advanced topics, mentioning the need for a post-hoc test with behavioral measures. Could you clarify the process for incorporating this data, where to input it, and the types of visualizations I can expect? 

Any assistance would be immensely appreciated. 

Nov 3, 2023  02:11 AM | Andrew Zalesky
RE: How to correlate functional connectivity to behavioural measure?

The behvioral data would be included in the design matrix. Each behavioral variable of interest would form a column of the design matrix. You may also want to include colmuns that test for interactions between behavioral variables and other effects.

It might be helpful to consult with a colleague who can offer statistical help in setting up a regression model. 

Andrew

Originally posted by deryaadil:

Hello,

I'm looking to explore a network comprising 34 regions of interest. My aim is to integrate participants' functional connectivity matrices and correlate them with a visual perception behavioral measure obtained during resting state. I want to see the differences in functional connectivity and if they are associated with performance on visual perception scores.

So far, I've organized my design matrix folder, node labels folder, and COG document, all in text format. Additionally, I have my matrices neatly arranged in a document within the same directory. With a total of 14 patients and 14 controls.

Given that the scores are in standard format for behavioural measure, I understand that a t-test is the appropriate statistical test. I'm considering a threshold of 3.1. I plan to input all relevant folders under the 'data' section, and set permutations at 5,000 with a significance level of 0.05. I've opted for the D-NBS, directly integrated with MATLAB.

However, I'm a bit uncertain about how to incorporate my behavioral measures into the analysis. I couldn't find explicit instructions in the NBS manual. Could someone kindly direct me to resources or provide guidance on where and how to input the behavioral data? Should I first run the network statistic and then include the behavioral measures? I noticed there's a section in the manual covering advanced topics, mentioning the need for a post-hoc test with behavioral measures. Could you clarify the process for incorporating this data, where to input it, and the types of visualizations I can expect? 

Any assistance would be immensely appreciated. 

Nov 3, 2023  02:11 AM | Removed Removed
RE: How to correlate functional connectivity to behavioural measure?

Thanks for getting back to me! I will add the scores in the design matrix. 

Also, I exported the participants individual matrices from conn first level analyses. I noticed in the schnizophrenia example, the matrices were organized in a text file on their own.

Is my set up okay? each matlab file has its own Z-score matrix along with other files embedded into the mat.file (e.g., "names" "df") and so on...

Appreciate it!